War-affected population and their protection from further discrimination
Levan Alexidze Foundation
with the support of the
Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation of Georgia
continues the consideration of article abstracts on the research topic:
“War-affected population and their protection from further discrimination: access to the trust fund for victims of the International Criminal Court”.
1 June is an International Day for Protection of Children. In 2022, following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, it is particularly critical to reiterate the utmost importance of honouring children’s right to survival, their right to develop and to be protected from harmful practices. Needless to note that their right to participate fully in family, cultural and social life will not be attainable without ensuring these rights.
Levan Alexidze Foundation with the support of the Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation of Georgia in the framework of the Project “Protection of human beings from discrimination: Critical analysis of the contemporary challenges of Georgia in the light of its international legal obligations” announces the call for articles on the research topic: “War-affected population and their protection from further discrimination: access to the trust fund for victims of the International Criminal Court”.
Very unfortunately, the war-affected population and victims of armed activities are often children. In this light, recalling the call for contributions as outlined above, it shall be noted that one of the groups of war-affected population who require urgent attention for their protection from further discrimination are children. In this light, the Levan Alexidze Foundation stresses the need of addressing the protection need of war-affected children and herewith recalls the requirements for the ongoing call for article abstracts, announced on 27 April 2022:
- The article may address any aspect(s) of the research topic;
- The abstract of the article, no longer than 100 words, shall be submitted by email by 10 June 2022;
- The authors of the pre-selected abstracts will receive the requirements for the submission of full article;
- The authors of the selected articles will be invited to an international conference to be held in July 2022;
- Papers presented within the framework of the international conference will be published in a bilingual international edition.
For any additional questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org